What gives me a sense of purpose is building social infrastructure that expands people’s understanding of each other and the world around them, and then creating pathways for people to come together and create something greater than themselves.
Some topics I have been invited to speak about include social innovation, design and power, technology and bias, scaling empathy, and startups. Projects have been featured in the Financial Times, New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, and Washington Post.
I am currently based in Switzerland and Washington DC. Please visit Linkedin for infrequent professional updates.
Whether it’s building a product, service, or community, my work consistently embeds these core principles –
- Collaboration towards shared goals
- Sharing stories, insights, resources, and opportunities
- Learning from multiple perspectives and finding commonalities across perceived differences
How these elements translate into tangible practices –
- Systematic facilitation of empathy and network diversity into every user journey / TABLETRIBES
- Automated compliance tools for focused anti-bias interventions in the product development process / InclusionVentures
- Weaving social cohesion across ecosystems, communities, and individuals towards an eye on real-world impact at scale / RSA
The challenge I am motivated by is how we live, build, and shape our communities in more compassionate ways for younger and older people.
I am currently excited by the huge market and social impact potential of active learning for children and active aging for seniors, which are outdated sectors in need of an overhaul to provide better user experiences and outcomes.
Some inquiry guiding my learning journey these days –
Future of Learning: How can young people attain the foundational skills they’ll need to thrive in the 21st century – innovation, risk-taking, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, social-emotional awareness? How do we create more pathways to successful “learning” for more people around the world?
Future of Aging: How could we unlock more opportunities for inter-generational collaboration and knowledge exchange? What does it mean to build better consumer products and experiences for seniors?
Please feel free to get in touch.
I’m grateful for the incredible founders, creators, innovators, activists, journalists, thinkers, and builders I’ve met from around the world, all committed to striving towards the greater good. I learn so much from their passion to better society, which inspires me to do the same.